Do you have students who aren’t clear about the difference between reporting and tattling? Is tattling driving you and your students crazy!!
I searched for resources you could consider using in your classroom to help students understand the difference between being safe and getting a classmate in trouble. I also found forms and created a couple more that you could use or adapt for your classroom. I tried to make a primary form that doesn’t require words and a form from students who are able to describe the situation in writing. Let me know if you have suggestions for modifying the forms!
Resources to Consider
- Form for Younger Students – boxes for drawing pictures of the problem and a solution, drawings start the discussion
- Form for Younger Students – lines for sentences with space on the right side for your notes after the conversation
- Form for Older Students – Teachinginroom6.blogspot.com
- Form for Older Students – lines for sentences with space for your notes after talking with the student
- Alternate to Tattle Telling – Tara Paige at TPT
What do you do to help student report concerns without tattling just to get a classmate in trouble?