2.2E.1 OBSERVE AND RECORD THE PATTERNS OF APPARENT MOVEMENT OF THE SUN AND THE MOON.
Lesson 1: Sun Shadows
Lesson 2: Make a Sundial
- explore a model of Earth’s yearly revolution around the sun
- CAPABLE STUDENT– create one of twenty-one different kinds of sundials
- Human Sundial – Crayola.com
Lesson 3: Shadows on the Moon
- Engineering Connection: Lunar Learning – identify the phases of the moon, the positions of the Earth, Moon, and Sun, and the difference between waxing and waning
- Free Pictures of the Moon
- Model a Moon Crater
Lesson 4: Phases of the Moon
2.2E.2 RECORD AND SUMMARIZE DAILY AND SEASONAL TEMPERATURE CHANGES.
Lesson 5: Where’s the Jiggle?
Lesson 6: Make a Thermometer
Lesson 7: Read a Thermometer
- SB: The Kelvin Scale
Lesson 8: Hours of Sunlight
Lesson 9: Heat in Oregon
- Do Different Colors Absorb Heat Better? – test how color affects how much heat a material can absorb
A: Activities TB: Teacher Background SB: Student Background
V: Video D: Diagram L: Lots of Links