Establishing clear procedures is key to a successful classroom.
Every class of students is a bit different so having a variety of options for this will give you an advantage as you support your students learning.
Here are resources I think you might find useful as you collect options for setting up routines and procedures:
- Dr. Fred Jones – proactive versus reactive management
- Scholastic – check out the narrated slideshows with images of a variety of great suggestions!
- Fern Smith – she uses a “Yes Line” to get students from place to place
- Denise Young – a quick checklist of what and when
- This Pinterest Page has dozens of ideas
“Prime time in school is the first few moments in class. If you blow these moments, you blow the impression, the sale, and the success of a class! – The First Day of School by Harry K Wong and Rosemary T Wong
What are other suggestions for establishing routines in the classroom?